Congratulations to the first round of Professional Development Scholarship Recipients!
From leadership trainings to national conferences to coaching opportunities, we’re glad we’re able to support these individuals in their personal and professional development as food systems leaders. Be sure to connect if you’ll also be attending one of these conferences!
• Patience Kabwasa, Colorado Springs Food Rescue (Colorado Springs, CO), to participate in the Leading Strategically Program at the Center for Creative Leadership (https://solutions.ccl.org/Leading_Strategically?_ga=2.204291027.259889200.1520960751-62390661.1520960751&_ga=2.204291027.259889200.1520960751-62390661.1520960751)
• Marcus Hill, Forsyth Community Food Consortium (Winston-Salem, NC), to attend CoopEcon (https://coopecon.coop/)
• Tracy Lerman, Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (Kingston, NY), for executive leadership coaching
• Shannon Spurlock, Denver Urban Gardens (Denver, CO), to attend the Urban Food Systems Symposium (http://www.urbanfoodsystemssymposium.org/)
• Billy Mitchell, Global Growers (Atlanta, GA), to attend the International Association for Food Protection’s 2018 (https://www.foodprotection.org/annualmeeting/)
• Megan Kemple, Oregon Farm to School and School Garden Network (Eugene, OR), to attend the National Farm to Cafeteria Conference (http://www.farmtoschool.org/our-work/farm-to-school-cafeteria-conference)
• Regina Grabrovac, Healthy Acadia (Machias, ME), to participate in the 2018 Summer Food Project Institute (http://thefoodproject.org/institute)
• Meghan Sheradin, Vermont Grass Farmers Association (Burlington, VT), to attend the Grassfed Exchange (https://grassfedexchange.com/)
• Gideon Burdick, Red Tomato (Plainville, MA), to attend ZingTrain’sTake Two Leadership Workshop with Ari Weinzweig (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/zingtrain-take-two-w-ari-weinzweig-tickets-42820834268)
• Caitlin Bond, Rural Action (The Plains, OH), to attend the National Farm to Cafeteria Conference (http://www.farmtoschool.org/our-work/farm-to-school-cafeteria-conference)
• Cheryl Kollin, Community Food Rescue (Gaithersburg, MD), to attend the Food Recovery Entrepreneurs and US Food Waste Summit