As a national network, the Food Systems Leadership Network has members from all 50 states, rural, urban, and First Nations. The FSLN leverages technology to connect leaders, build relationships, and facilitate the exchange of ideas and resources amongst its members and across disparate geographies to amplify value creation and collaboration.
This online community of practice is supported via the GoEntrepid Platform, a technology that facilitates virtual connection and resource sharing. We ask that you familiarize yourself with the following guidelines and supporting privacy measures to ensure the best possible use of this platform.
1. Community Guidelines
We strive to create an environment where people feel comfortable and welcomed, are respected and acknowledged, and can seek and share advice freely. We have looked to our friends who curate the Non-Profit Happy Hour Facebook Forum for inspiration around Community Guidelines (thanks!) and have adapted some initial guidelines that we will be evolving as learn how to best use this technology and as we receive feedback and guidance from members. As an FSLN member posting on the site, such as in the Discussion Groups, Member Blogs, or news, we as that you please be mindful of the following:
· Approach conversations with curiosity and respect
· Recognize impact vs intent, and acknowledge harm
· Confidentiality: share the message, not the messenger
2. Public vs. Private Sections
The FSLN is a member-only community of practice, with specific services and platform features only accessible to logged in, verified members of the network. However, there are some aspects of the website that can be viewed by non-members. Here’s a breakdown:
Publicly available pages:
· Opportunities pages
This means that non-FSLN members can view the above pages and any comments/posts that are made to them.
*Please contact FSLNinfo@winrock.org if you would prefer your post be private and only available to the FSLN community.
· Discussion Groups
· Member List
· Partner Organization List
· Network Map
3. Anonymous Posts
The online discussion groups are a great place to connect with peers across the country to ask questions, offer advice, and share valuable resources. But there are some questions, suggestions, and situations that are best if they remain discrete. We’re here to help!
Follow the below steps to get your posts out there anonymously. Posts refer to new posts or comments on existing posts in Discussion Groups, Blogs, and/or News.
1. Email FSLNinfo@winrock.org with the question that you want to post anonymously. Put “Anonymous Post” in the subject line.
2. Place your question in quotation marks (“) so that we can easily distinguish it from other content in the email.
3. State which Discussion Group you’d like it posted in. If you’re not sure, let us know and we can help you out.
4. We’ll post your question exactly as written under our name and send you a link.
5. If the post needs to be edited, let us know immediately – we can make any changes to the post only within 24 hours of posting
Can you please post the following question to the Equity & Inclusion Discussion Group?
“I’m trying to get my supervisor to allocate funding for an organization-wide equity training, but I’m receiving a lot of push back. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make the case for the importance and value of such a training?”