As a community of food systems leaders, we invite you to lean into this network as a resource and a source of inspiration to help you make sense out of chaos, find patterns and connections, and discover opportunities for collaborations and partnerships. We are in this together and the FSLN’s support team is committed to supporting you throughout.
The FSLN COVID-19 Response Group (i.e. Listserv)
This new national listserv for food systems leaders is focused specifically on identifying, amplifying, and replicating the solutions, innovations, and collaborations that are emerging in response to COVID-19. Since launching in March, the listserv has become a dynamic venue for exploring and acting on our best ideas for driving resilience and equity in our communities, and be a platform for organizing around needed resources, policy shifts, collaborations, or other actions. This listserv is the FSLN's primary channel for COVID-specific communications.
In response to questions, discussions, and themes that have emerged through the listserv, the FSLN has partnered with individuals with topical expertise to deliver relevant and timely calls that address concerns and issues and offer space for folks to exchange resources and explore opportunities. The list of past calls is below.
Bi-weekly, the FSLN team distills the insights, innovations and needs that come up in discussions into a brief report that we share back to the group, with funders, and with partners at the USDA.
Biweekly Recaps, resources, and topical call notes and recordings are in this shared Google Folder.
We hope you’ll join this listserv to share ideas, build solidarity, and further tap into the knowledge within this national community of food systems leaders.
Sign up for the listserv here - and please note, it may take up to 24 hours to access the listserv.
COVD-19 Resource Spreadsheet
This spreadsheet is a compilation of key resources that have been curated from across the country and organized by category. This is an open and working document - please contribute to it!
Past COVID Response Calls Hosted by the Wallace Center’s Food Systems Leadership Network:
- Small and Mid-Sized Meat Processors: Exploring the Challenges, Solutions, and a Path Forward (May 13, 2020)
- Value Chain Adaptations (May 5, 2020)
- Using Maps for Food System Access and Planning (April 29, 2020)
- CFAP Program: Tips and Best Practices for Federal Bids & Contracts (April 27, 2020)
- CFAP Program: Food Hub Listening Session (April 21, 2020)
- CARES Act: Rapid Response Briefing: Helping Food & Farm Businesses Navigate CARES Act Financial Assistance Programs (April 8, 2020)
- COVID-19 Program Innovations: Food Hub Listening Session (April 14, 2020)
Have ideas for how we can best support you? Email us at FSLNinfo@winrock.org