As a national network with members from different geographies, points along the food value chain, and years of experience in the movement, there is a rich diversity of perspectives and lived experiences within this community. We’re always on the lookout for creative ways to build relationships across this network and encourage knowledge sharing and idea generation, so we were elated when some FSLN members suggested we get a book club going!
The Food Systems Leadership Network’s Book Club offers members the opportunity to meet fellow members from across the country, explore a topic of shared interest, hear different perspectives, and get to know each other over a lively and informal book club discussion.
We are forming 5 book clubs with a maximum of 12 people each to ensure that all voices can be heard. Take a look at the below sections to learn more about the groups and the sign-up process.
· Five book clubs
· Maximum 12 individuals per group
· Facilitated by FSLN members
· Duration: August – December 2019
· Meeting frequency: as determined by the group
We have some awesome lead facilitators who will help guide a dialogue around the first book. Here’s how to get involved:
· Step one: Check out the different book clubs and the selected content for the first meeting, then sign up to be part of one group (dates and times for the first meeting are in the spreadsheet).
· Step two: Wallace staff will send a meeting request with a link to Zoom for the first book club meeting and a guide to help structure your first meeting
· Step three: Read the book and come ready to discuss 😊
This Book Club guide has best practices and suggested resources curated from various organizations that can be used by groups to help facilitate discussions.
· Sign-ups open June 2019
· First book club meeting August 2019
*If the groups are full, we can work with you to start a new one. Let us know! Contact FSLNinfo@winrock.org