Welcome to the Food Systems Leadership Network!
This national Community of Practice connects emerging and existing leaders and staff of community-based organizations and provides them with cost-effective opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and support, professional development, and resource sharing. With a focus on systems leadership development, sharing and adapting cutting-edge program strategies, and building operational and management capacity, the Food Systems Leadership Network aims to support, celebrate, connect and invest in the individuals and organizations tirelessly working to transform their communities through local and regional food systems development.
For more information:
- Access The Catalyst, our monthly newsletter (September 2018)
- View our launch webinar and informational video
- Check out our FSLN Handout and Calendar of Activities
The Food Systems Leadership Network is an initiative of the Wallace Center at Winrock International, with generous support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. The Wallace Center is a leading force for local and regional food systems development throughout the United States and has been promoting sustainable food and farming for more than 25 years. Our mission is to support communities and entrepreneurs across the United States as they build a food system that is healthier for people, the environment, and the economy. We act as a convener, capacity builder, advocate, systems innovator, resource broker and network weaver to support the emerging chain of businesses and civic efforts making good food an everyday reality in every community.
The Food Systems Leadership Network is the Wallace Center’s newest innovation for supporting and building the capacity of the individuals and organizations that are transforming the food system within their communities across the country.
As a member of the Food Systems Leadership Network, you will be able to:
- Apply for Organizational Capacity Building Mini-Grants and Professional Development Scholarships
- Sharpen your non-profit management and business skills in the Non-Profit Boot Camp E-Learning Series
- Access tools, videos, podcasts and other resources to explore best practices and new ideas
- Apply to attend regional Food Systems Leadership Retreats
- Connect with Community Food Systems Mentors for individual coaching and support
- Engage and share with peers via an online community
To apply for the Leadership Retreats, Mentorship Program, Scholarships, and Mini-Grants, your organization must also sign up to be a member of the Network.
For more information, contact us at FSLNinfo@winrock.org