Welcome to the Food Systems Leadership Network!
The Food Systems Leadership Network (FSLN) is a national peer learning community that connects current and emerging leaders, strengthens individual and collective leadership capacity, and fosters collaboration across communities to accelerate the realization of a just, equitable, and sustainable food system that generates good food, health, and opportunity for all.
We cultivate relationships of trust and solidarity among food systems leaders – at the local, regional, and national level – and provide a platform for sharing knowledge and skill, building collective power and purpose, and acting collaboratively to transform the food system.
We envision the FSLN growing into a radically diverse and inclusive member-driven collaborative network, where members are informing, shaping, and leading the network’s actions and collaborating with each other to co-create a future where all communities are nourished and sustained through good food.
The FSLN is coordinated by the Wallace Center at Winrock International, a national non-profit that develops partnerships, pilots new ideas, and advances solutions to strengthen communities through resilient farming and food systems. For over 35 years, the Wallace Center has served as a convener, facilitator, and resource hub to support the emerging chain of businesses and civic efforts making good food—food that is healthy, green, fair, and affordable-- an everyday reality in every community.
We see a dynamic, resilient, racially-just and sustainable food system emerging in communities across the country. Leading this change are thousands of individuals, organizations, and businesses working in all parts and at all scales of the food system. We envision these leaders linked through a living network of shared purpose, learning, and action that advances social justice locally, regionally, and nationally.
For more information:
- View our Two Years In Report
- Access The Catalyst, our monthly newsletter (September 2018, October 2018, November 2018, New Year Catalyst, February 2019, March 2019, April 2019, May 2019, June 2019, July 2019, August 2019, September 2019, October 2019, November 2019, December 2019, January 2020, February 2020, March 2020, April 2020)
- View our launch webinar and informational video
- Check out our FSLN Handout
- Follow the Wallace Center on social media to stay up to date with the FSLN! (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)